Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A SPEED QUEEN DRYER. IT DOES NOT DRY CLOTHES VERY WELL.

I HAVE A SPEED QUEEN DRYER. IT DOES NOT DRY CLOTHES VERY WELL. WHEN I OPEN DOOR I DO FEEL HEAT. WHEN WE BOUGHT IT IN JANUARY IT DID A GOOD JOB. BUT LAST 2 WEEKS IT TAKES 3 TIMES AS LONG TO GET CLOTHES DRY.
IS THERE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS LIKE CLEANING SOMETHING OUT OR DO I NEED TO GET REPAIR MAN IN TO LOOK AT IT?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect you have an issue with the venting of the dryer. This can usually be easily diagnosed by removing the vent and running a load. If it operates much better, the vent is indeed plugged. Also, make sure the lint filter screen is very clean and no lint has been allowed to build up in the lint filter housing. If there is heat, it is surely an air flow issue. Let me know what you find and we can proceed, if necessary!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the vent was plugged up pretty good. working good now.

Excellent! Glad you found the problem!