Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Bravos washer that we bought in 2010. It has

I have a Maytag Bravos washer that we bought in 2010. It has been running perfectly until today. I was doing a small load of whites and the washer washes the clothes and then stops at the wash cycle and the safety lid lock goes off and I can't seem to get past the wash cycle. It will not rinse or spin. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,
Barb
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges. It's very hard to locate because it's tucked up under the lid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My model # XXXXX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so generally the only thing that will cut the washer out at the rinse and spin cycle is if the washer is not draining the water out and you have a drain problem. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump and look for a blockage. Be sure to have a wet vac or lots of towels when removing the pump because all the water in the tub will come flooding out when you remove the drain pump.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/W10276397/1874334?modelNumber=MVWX600XW0

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't think the problem is water draining out because there is really no water in the machine except for the water that is in the clothes?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This washer uses very little water and it would be below the tub. So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics.  Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated.  Push START. The status lights will flash on and off and CL will display if you have a display.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs.

Fault/error codes are displayed by alternating the state of the Status LEDs in one-second intervals. All fault/error codes have an F# XXXXX an E#. The F# XXXXX “Type of Fault” and the E# XXXXX “Component system where fault is located.”
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried the code and I don't know if I did it right, but thanks to you my washer is now in the rinse spin cycle. I can't tell you how grateful I am for your help.

You are a life saver. Thank you again !!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I'm glad it's up and running again. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.