Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Good morning. I have a Bosch dishwasher, model SHX4AP02UC. I

Good morning. I have a Bosch dishwasher, model SHX4AP02UC.

I love it, but it just started going directly from START to CLEAN. It sprays water on the dishes, then sits for awhile and then beeps. When I open it, the CLEAN light is on. I have tried turning it off, different wash settings, and even HALF LOAD.

I have looked in the user manuals, and they do not mention this.

Can you help? BTW - I am a scientist/engineer, and am comfortable with field stripping all kinds of equipment.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is a very common problem for this unit and it means that your main relay power board under the dishwasher along the right side has failed and needs to be ordered and replaced. The part itself is all plug and play so it's easy to replace, but it will require you un-installing the dishwasher to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I was afraid of that. Is it a recall item?

It's not, but there is a 5 year warranty on the part, but if you call Bosch to install the part, they will charge you trip and labor which will cost about the same or a little more than the part itself ($150-200).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - last question - does the part come with installation info?

It does not come with installation information, but uninstalling the board is really the only difficult part. Replacing the part itself takes less than 10 minutes because it's all plug and play.