Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher Model MUDR 24SEBL1. When you

I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher Model MUDR 24SEBL1. When you turn it on you can hear the water running into the unit but when it stops and switches to the wash cycle it makes a groning sound and you cannot hear the water spraying inside the unit. When you look inside there is no water. It is like the drain is stuck open.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you start a cycle please, open the door after about a minute to see if water has actually entered the machine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes water enters the machine but does not stay inside.

Ok sounds to me like one of the balls in the drain system has either worn and drained away or has been dislodged.

What you will need to do is take the lower spray arm out, next take the filter out, remove the chopper blade and the impeller, then check to make sure the two balls are still in place part 7

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did see the two balls (item #7) when I cleaned the machine the first time. They seemed to be floating/rolling loosely in small chamber they are located in. How do I know they are correctly in place? Are they suppose to be loose in the chamber?

Yes they are supposed to be loose, basically what they do is when the machine is in wash mode they block the drain and when in drain mode they divert the water into the drain, sounds to me like if they are in the correct place the control board is not reversing the motor to put the machine into wash mode. In this case I think the control board will need to be replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thank you. Where is the control board located? is the control board difficult to change?

The control board is located inside the control panel, to get to it open the door and take the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel, lift the control panel out, you will see the control board :)

Thanks!

Mike.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,