Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag dishwasher model MDB6100AWW has been acting up for

My Maytag dishwasher model MDB6100AWW has been acting up for several months. It sometimes gets into a state where it will only respond to the "Normal Wash" button on the panel. We don't tend to use the other buttons, except for the "Rinse Only" button. Up to recently we could run a Normal Wash, then the Rinse Only button would be active again. The problem has now progressed to the point where the Rinse Only button doesn't work at all, and that situation is no longer reversed by going through a Normal Wash cycle.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is actually quite a common problem on this particular model and unfortunately it means your touch control is going bad. Now the touch control is part of the main control board inside the door so it's almost $200 for the part which is very expensive. The part is fairly easy to replace so if you're handy, you can definitely do it yourself. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!