Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my microwave does not light up and only the 30 second button

my microwave does not light up and only the 30 second button works, what is the most likely problem.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hello can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Ok Charles Thanks for that. So to clarify the control panel does not light up but if you hit the 30 seconds button it will beep?
Your problem here is the control board, It has shorted out and will need to be replaced. To do this remove the grill/vent cover above the doors, You will then see the screw holding the control panel in place. Remove this screw then drop the control panel out. Once out you can replace the control board (a matter of a few screws and swapping wires from old to new control)

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.