Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag Centennial washing machine starts to agitate before

My Maytag Centennial washing machine starts to agitate before it starts filling with water and then when it finishes the spin cycle it starts to fill with water again
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a common failure for this model washer and unfortunately there is no way to "reset" the issue. The pressure sensor switch inside the control panel has failed and it's agitating to early instead of holding off until the tub is full of water. Below is a link to the pressure sensor switch you'll need to order and replace.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!