Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a dacor double stacked oven. Model number cps230r.

I have a dacor double stacked oven. Model number cps230r. I can't get the ovens to turn on. There is power to the touch panel. The light turns on but can get either oven to do anything else.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So how do you know that there is power to the touch panel exactly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the digital display shows numbers, also the light turns on with both ovens

OK so what happens when you press the "Bake" button? Does the display change at all? Does it beep back at you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it doesn't do anything

OK so it sounds like you have a bad touchpad then. Even if the control panel was locked, the display would read OFF when you press a button. Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If it still won't work, press and hold the cancel button for 5 seconds to see if it will reset. And if nothing works, you need to replace the entire touch pad.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Didn't work. Just reads 88 on the digital display
ok so if that didn't work ad it reads 88, that is actually a bad display board. 88 is the code to let you know the display control board is shorted out so the display board itself would need to be replaced. Did you have a power outage or something because it's very strange that your cooktop and your oven both have problems like this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No...we just bought the was a foreclosure...everything else in the home works great. It is strange though. Would you recommend any other test or solution?
Alright, well at this point there are no tests, the display board would just need to be replaced and hopefully the touchpad is OK, but since the touchpad plugs into the display board, there is no way to know.

Below is a link to the display board you definitely need to order and replace for your model.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will repair clinic have the display board and any idea how much?
Aye they will. That was the link I gave you for the part. Below is a link for the part again.

It costs about $370