Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have Model S3101 and the water chamber heats up but it will

I have Model S3101 and the water chamber heats up but it will not dischare any water or steam to the mop head. How can I remedy this?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Most likely the venturi is clogged up with calcium deposits from your waer supply, fill the unit half way with white vinger and the rest with water, run the unit for about 30 minutes and see if it breaks free...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We tried your suggestion this morning. We got one "puff" of steam or water and no more. We have had it on for 45 minutes or so and can;t get it to make any steam. Any other ideas?

Betty,
Then most likely the pump is broken in the unit that releases the steam, these units cost under $50.00 and no replacement parts are made for them, it came with a one year warranty when sold. If it is over the one year mark you best bet is to replace the unit.. SOrry to give you such bad news...
Chas