Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Kenmore washer model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN washing cycle works

I have a Kenmore washer model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN washing cycle works fine till the spin cycle then every thing is like dead
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

So it is washing and when it comes to the first spin it is dead as a door nail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes tub is full of water

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Can reverify the model number? It should begin with 110.xxxxxxxxxx?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

serial # XXXXX model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN got this info when I opened the top panel

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
OKay, I did not see that you are in Canada, if you look inside the lid area of the machine, do you see a small hole that the lid whenclosed pushes a small switch to activate the spin cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a plastic rod is pushing it down

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
THat is the one, can you hear it click when it lid is down, you may want to try and push it down with a small item to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it clicks

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
And you have it on spin cycle when you done this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

of course

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Gerald,
You have a bad timer, the spin portion has gone out. I was hoping for a broXXXXX XXXXXd switch, you will need to contact Sears for the correct part number as they use different set ups in Canada.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is this part in the upper control panel or down below some where

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It is the knob you turn to set the cycle in the control panel itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it adulate and after that's done its dead

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Then since you say the lid switch is clicking when pressed which is the only thing that can be other than the timer itself. Timers are expensive you may not want to put that kind of money into it...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is this timer switch in top panel or down below some where

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It is in the top, it is the knob you turn to set the cycles,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you said expensive how much is it in the states ball park

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
$120 to $250 depending on the exact model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks for your help

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No problem, have a great day

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech