Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Panisonic microwave/convection oven Model NN-T888Sstopped

My Panisonic microwave/convection oven Model NN-T888Sstopped heating up food. The light comes on and the plate rotates with the same noise but it does not heat anything.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed.  The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning.  The part itself costs about $100-150 so depending on the condition of the microwave, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?