Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hello, i have a maytag epic model number med9800tko dryer.

hello, i have a maytag epic model number med9800tko dryer. It has all of a sudden given no power. no light when you open door, no power when you press on or no power when you press start. Any suggestions on what to look at to torubleshoot?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the first thing you need to do is check and make sure you're getting 240 volts where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer between the 2 outside power wires on the power cord. If you have 240 volts and everything is completely dead, then only the main relay control board above the drum attached to the left side wall can cause this issue and that control board will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!