Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

How to replace timer on Kenmore top load washer, 110.92590110. Attempting

How to replace timer on Kenmore top load washer, 110.92590110.

Attempting to repair washer that agitates, but then does not drain and spin.

Hello Kevin my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Pull or push the knob in, that will lock the timer shaft so it does not move. It is one or the other. Turn the knob counter clockwise to screw it off. Then pull off the dial under that. Remove the 2 screws under those and that will get it released for you.

If you have questions please ask. If not then please leave a rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did this prior to asking, however there is a black plastic dial plate that I have been unable to figure out how to lift to access the screws

Let me look again Kevin to be sure I have not made a mistake, just a few minutes.

Hello Kevin,

I just double checked to be sure I had not made a mistake. I am correct that second part pulls off. Nothing is supposed to be holding it. Try a couple of butter knives and slide under it to work it off.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, it took a bit of work with a knife but came loose, replaced timer, and now running load of wash to test, worried it might be lid switch, hopefully it will advance to drain and spin

Take your time Kevin, I will be around for a while if you get stuck give me a shout.