Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a dual fuel 48" thermador range, that I bought in 2006,

I have a dual fuel 48" thermador range, that I bought in 2006, model # XXXXX The large oven temperature knob is loose and sloppy and sounds like its broken. Is this the knob, or is it the connection to the knob.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Pull the knob straight forward and off. Does the shaft that the knob slides onto wobble? If so, you'll need an new thermostat which is the part that the knob slides onto. That's a very expensive $200 part and not easy to replace. If it's just the knob itself, you can replace the knob separately and that is not expensive.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!