Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a duet dryer. the control panel does not light up but

I have a duet dryer. the control panel does not light up but when the door is opened there is light within the dryer.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OK so the first thing you should do is just unplug the dryer for 5 minutes and plug it back in. Flip the circuit breaker to the dryer off as well during this time. Flip the circuit breaker back on and plug the dryer back in to see if the electronics reset.

Now if it still responds the same, the next thing you need to do is make sure this dryer is getting 240 volts. The dryer will turn the interior light on if it's getting 120 volts, but since this is an electric dryer, it needs 240 volts for the control panel and heat to operate correctly. Remove the back access panel where the power cord connects to the dryer and make sure you have 240 volts between the 2 outside posts and there aren't any burnt wires. You'l need a multimeter to test this.

Now if all that checks good and the dryer control panel just won't turn on, make sure the bright red control lock light is not illuminated on the control panel and if not, replace the control board because it has failed for one reason or another. There are no fuses or cut outs that will stop the display from illuminating.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!