Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Need to remove top burner switch and replace it

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your unit so that I can see how this burner switch is replaced? And can you explain exactly which burner switch you're trying to replace?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # XXXXX

OK so this is a slide in range which unfortunately means it's a bit harder to access these switches. To access the burner switches for replacement, first turn the circuit breaker off or unplug the unit. Next, pull all 4 knobs off the burner switches by pulling straight up on them. There is a locking nut below each of the knobs. Unscrew these nuts counter-clockwise and then the top panel of the control panel will pull up and off to expose the sheet metal bracket that the switches are mounted to. Just remove the screws going into the sheet metal bracket and then you can pull out the bracket and replace the switch below the bracket.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!