Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have gas dryer model 110.76862501 Kenmore, ignitor not working

I have gas dryer model 110.76862501 Kenmore, ignitor not working replaced with flame sensor. was ok got a call back ignitor lights but clicks out and does,not light flame what is the problem also smell heavy gas smell..
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended or just cracks open because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've already replaced the coils that's just what I thought , but the ignitor gets bright then its clicks out and no flame. still possilbly a bad gas valve?

Either you have a bad gas valve then or the igniter isn't mounted properly. I can't see to make sure you have the igniter mounted correctly, but if it's installed properly, then you need to replace the entire gas valve and not just the coils I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I saw the ignitor wasn't installed right a little gap I got it snug but still nothing. I'll try a new ignitor maybe the one I put in was damage?

If the igniter is glowing, it's not bad. It's either installed incorrectly or the valve is bad---those are the only 2 options at this point.