Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an old Maytag Dryer Model number DE50. The tumbler

I have an old Maytag Dryer Model number DE50. The tumbler works as does the heating element but the clothes don't dry. Also, the machine doesn't stop when the door is open. I know it is an old machine but I would like to keep it if it can be repaired.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
yes this is an old one. first if you remove the vent and start this does the air blow out the back strong ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in an apartment and the machine is not vented outside. As far as I can tell air does not blow strongly out the vent.

okay these machines I cant even get diagrams for anymore but if my memory serves me right the blower belt may be broken or stretched. Blower Belt Y312512         Main Product View this is in the back ,you need to remove the panel on the back to get to it. check that first thing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If this is the case would I be able to get a replacement for the blower belt?

yes its still available . heres the link to order it if needed. blower belt