Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Microwave runs but wont heat anything, what could The problem be?

Microwave runs but won't heat anything, what could
The problem be?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $60, but you will need to un-install the entire microwave and remove the out shell in order to access and replace the magnetron, so it's not an easy task at all. Either way, below is a link to the magnetron you'll need to order and replace to solve this problem.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!