Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a maytag washing machine model a511. first issue: if

i have a maytag washing machine model a511. first issue: if i select the cold/cold washing/rinsing setting, machine does not fill but if i select warm/cold, it fills up.
second issue: once it fills up, and completes the first wash/drain cycle, it does not fill up for the rinse cycle. i can hear the timer buzzing. i've only tried it on the regular wash cycle, not permanent press or delicate cycles.
the washer had been moved from our patio area the carport while a new concrete floor was poured. the carport was where the contractor mixed the cement. thank you very much.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this issue is that your cold water valve is not working or you're not getting cold water to the washer. Make sure that you're getting cold water to the washer and if so, order and replace the electronic water valve. When you select warm water, the washer will fill up because it uses both hot and cold valves to fill up. When it gets to rinse, it stops filling up again because rinse only uses cold water just like when you selected cold/cold. Either way, below is a link to the electronic water valve you'll need to order and replace to fix this issue if you're getting cold water to the washer from your house. This is the part that your water supply hoses from your house connect to on the back of your washer.

CLICK HERE for valve

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i replace the valve? i am able to remove the top of the washer. thanks.

You replace it from the back of the washer. If you need to get inside the washer for some reason, then you remove the front panel by removing the 2 screws at the bottom of the front panel below the crease. The front panel will then pull forward and hinge up and then pull off. Then you can remove the 2 bolts in the upper front right and left corner holding the top panel on. The top panel will then hinge up and backwards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'm don't think i will be able to access it from the back. how is it released from the top? thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean. I thought I just explained how to remove the top panel. If you're asking how to remove the valve once the top panel is hinged up and backwards, you'll just need to remove a few screws going into the valve, disconnect the wires and hoses going to the valve, and pull the valve out for replacement.