Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Maytag gas oven moldel CWG3600AAB is displaying an error

My Maytag gas oven moldel CWG3600AAB is displaying an error code of "F3", I have some technical skills and I'd like to repair this myself if possible, can you help me?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi absolutely, can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Ok Bob thanks for that, The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F3 or F4 Open or shorted oven temperature sensor Replace oven temperature sensor

basically the temp sensor has failed and will need to be replaced. To do this open the door, you will see the sensor at the rear of the oven, remove the screws then pull it carefully out then disconnect it from the wire harness, You should now be able to replace the sensor.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating Bob, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tryed the suggested remedy of installing a new temp. sensor, same result "F3" code?

Ok if not the sensor then the problem will be the control board, The error codes are pretty specific so if the code is still F3 check the sensor by un plugging it from the control board, check it with a ohm meter, it should read 1080 ohm at room temp or close to that mark, if it's not close then the wire harness running to the sensor is bad.

If it is close to that mark then the control board is bad.