Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Admiral washer, model #LNC6760b71 that will not spin

I have an Admiral washer, model #LNC6760b71 that will not spin in the spin cycle. I have replaced the thrust bearing and pulley. Could the brake be the problem? I can get it to spin if I hold the agitator in the center of the drum by hand and the washer in spin mode.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So is the washer still draining even though it doesn't spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is draining. The pump seems to be working fine.

OK so that means that the belt is moving since they all share the same belt and the motor is turning the proper direction. Unfortunately this is a big problem with this model and it means that your friction gear inside the transmission is beginning to slip and the entire transmission would need to be replaced I'm afraid to say. The break would not cause this issue because if the break wasn't releasing, the center pulley wouldn't move and the belt would be stationary. It's quite a common problem with this unit to have the transmission fail after about 10 years or so, but the repair is $350 or so, so this is something you'll need to think on if you want to invest that much money into repairing the washer.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!