Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an LG model LSC27950SW side by side. The freezer doesnt

I have an LG model LSC27950SW side by side. The freezer doesn't keep items frozen and there is a buildup of ice on the back wall of the freezer. The ice maker isn't working but the light still comes on when the freezer door is opened. The freezer still feels somewhat cold but it is not frozen levels/temperatures. Is this a main control board issue, a Freon leak, temperature sensors, defrost sensor,etc.?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You have a defrost problem not a freon leak. The frost on the back of the freezer wall means that the freezer coils are over frosted behind the back panel and the fan can't circulate the air properly anymore. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and thaw the frost out. Then remove the screws going into the lower back panel inside the freezer where the frost is built up and remove that panel. Use a hair dryer and thaw all the frost behind that panel. Now the freezer will work again, but unless you left the door open--the issue will likely come back unless you replace the defrost heater or the defrost sensor depending on which one has failed.