Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Bryan, The control pad on my Maytag Gemini range (double oven)

Bryan,
The control pad on my Maytag Gemini range (double oven) is only displaying the bar for the lower oven and the time(after some button was inadvertently pushed. How can I reset the factory defaults
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay lets try a few things, first lets see if the control is locked out.

Control Lockout:

The control can be Locked

Out by pressing Setup and then 4. When

locked "Control Locked" will be displayed and

scroll twice. Press Auto Set to toggle

between Locked and Unlocked. The control

lockout will not lock out the timer, clock,

setup options or oven light

next if that doesn't work see if this is in demo mode.

Demo Mode:

The control can be placed in a

sales demo mode by pressing Bake and Cancel

keys for 3 seconds. The demo mode can be

exited by pressing any key. This mode will

activate the display as if the unit is operating

without energizing the heating elements

let me know if either of them do anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Control Lockout - I pushed Setup (#9)then 4 - no "Control lockout was displayed. Which is the scroll key #5

I then tried the Demo mode but after hitting Control & BAK for 3 seconds - the display dis not change

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay that's probably not good. I have the tech sheets let me go over them some more.

While I'm doing that have you tried unplugging this for 5 minutes then plugging it back in to see if it resets ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay I'm back and have gone through the entire tech manual. if unplugging this didn't reset the clock then we have one more thing to try. we need to see if this will go into test mode.

Test Mode:

Accessed by holding Cancel and

Broil keys down for 3 seconds within 5

minutes of power up. The test mode cannot

be accessed if the oven temperature is above

400ºF. When test mode is activated all digits

will display "-". To exit the test mode press

Cancel or auto exit occurs 16 seconds after

last key pressed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bryan,

Earlier I did reset the circuit breakers - I will try unplugging & leaving off for 5 minutes now before trying the Test mode option

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay if that doesn't work unfortunately theres no other reset for this. it means the control has failed. I have combed through the whole tech manual. I did find an 18 error which says the control has failed. let me know if this goes into test mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bryan,

The unplugging & leaving off for 5 minutes worked. The control pad is back to normal DISPLAYS, SOUNDS and I can set temperaturesl & timers

So this is done & thank-you

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome . I'm glad that worked the control board is over $330.00 ! have a great night and please remember to rate me 3 or above. 5 is best . thanks and best wises, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.