Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

We have a Maytag dishwasher, model #MDB4709AWB1, the normal

We have a Maytag dishwasher, model #MDB4709AWB1, the 'normal' light flashes continuously & we've replaced the main control board #W10208673 with #W10285180 twice now yet the same error continues with the only way to get the dishwasher to run is to disconnect this board and reconnect it.

After this, the unit will successfully run for one full cycle, but then return to the 'normal' button flashing.

How can we (or can we?) determine if the problem really IS the main control board or perhaps instead the thermal fuse (W10258275) overheating or failure of the touchpad itself?

We'd like to determine if it's really worth fixing this unit or if we should instead just give up & replace the whole dishwasher?

It's really sad that we've had this Maytag washer for less than 3 years and have had such issues and before we had a Frigidaire dishwasher for 10+ years with no problems except that the racks finally started to give up and replacements were too costly.

Any assistance in how to test or even reset the unit without dismantling it would be greatly appreciated!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up those part numbers please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure...

Ok this may seem like a odd question, what color is the control panel? white or black?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Black...AWB1

Ok the problem here Kim is not the control board but the control panel, this is a error telling you that one of the buttons has shorted on the control panel.

The first thing you can try is warming up the touch pad with a hair dryer, once the touch pad is warm try massaging the buttons, If this fails to clear the problem the control panel will need to be replaced.

Click here to order the panel

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's finishing running a cycle now (from disconnecting & reconnecting)...I'll try your button massaging trick & let you know how that goes once done running...Smile

Ok :)

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're a lifesaver, Mike! The trick worked like a charm! So for like $45 (need to return a control board) we now have a good working dishwasher!

Thank you so much! I'll submit the rating now...Laughing

Great! :) have a great evening.

Thanks!