Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ken more elite washing machine model number11020072991 Type

I have a ken more elite washing machine model number11020072991
Type 111
Ser number cj3801637
The washer drained to near completion and then stopped, there is a little water in the bottom. When I tried to do a drain/spin there was a loud click that i presume was the motor trying to engage, the display clock started to count down (there is power) but the washer motor did not start spinning. I checked the drain hose and it is not kinked, any suggestions

Optional Information:
Brand: Kenmore
Typ
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you turn the washer back to wash, will the washer fill and agitate still?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the normal wash cycle will start

OK so if you turn it back to spin, will it drain any of the water out again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try it now

OK, just let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I started the short was cycle let it fill part way w/ no clothes, then stopped the cycle and changed to drain and spin, it went through the first. Few min of slow spin and then changed to the 2nd part of the spin cycle and seems to be working. I was wondering if the weight of clothes might be a factor? I'm not overfilling the washer

OK so it sounds like your motor just overheated from either being overfilled or possibly the motor is going bad? Either way, just run a lighter cycle with shirts and socks and such. If you don't have any problems, it was likely just over-loaded. If it still shuts down, then I would replace the motor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought I smelled something electrical when it did it the last feet times, how hard is it and expensive to replace the motor, is that something I could do, or would I have to have it done?

If you're handy, you can probably replace the part yourself. The part number you'd need is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it is quite expensive at about $250 I'm afraid to say. Now below is a video that shows you how to take the washer apart so that you can remove the outer shell to gain access to the motor for replacement if you wanted to try to replace the part yourself.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was coming to the conclusion that the motor is wearing out , I'll watch the video, thanks for your help.

No problem and I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!