Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hello,Like many newer window air conditioners, mine has no

Like many newer window air conditioners, mine has no lever to vent outside air. Since the unit is in the only window in the room, and I must keep the door closed, is there enough air being recirculated naturally? Are these units without vents designed to at least partially ventilate a room?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Do you have the complete model number of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FRA 086At7

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This room is where I work on my computer, and I go in and out several times a day, so it is no air tight, but I need to keep the door closed. It also has a fan that can be used by itself, but I imagine this would only recirculate the air as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O970PW/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1#productDetails

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Joan,
This model does not take in outside air at all, however unless this is a smokey enviroment from smoking and cooking that should not be a problem with it...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it's not smokey, but as I say the door is always closed. Is there enough air exchange on these models? Are they partially vented?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are partially vented to allow about 10% outside air into the room for air exchange.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So it's not unhealthy to run it all the time without other source of ventilation like a window? No need to replace this unit?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No this is fine, you don't need to replace the unit, If you were a smoker I may suggest it to allow for more air exchange, hoever if you are not then you should have no problem with it...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.
Chas