Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator - freezer Mod # XXXXX

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator - freezer Mod # XXXXX with a defrost problem.
Over the last few months, frost builds up on the evaporator. I have been defrosting it
manually by unpluging the appliance and using a hair drier to melt the frost. Everything worked fine for a few weeks until yesterday. After the defrost I plugged it in and it has not stopped since - frost is beginning to build again on the evaporator.

HELP !!!
Max Overton
Troy, NC
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Sorry to hear you are having long term issues with this unit. I know how frustrating that can be. Do you have a meter to test continuity with?
Since you now have more than just a defrost issue now, I suspect the part that controls the defrost and all other functions of the refrigerator is experiencing a fault. This part is the electronic control, number 5 in the diagram, pictured below. This part tells the unit when to defrost and how long to run, so since you are having issues with both of these functions, I suspect it will need to be replaced. The correct part for your model is pictured and available below. If you need help installing it, please let me know. There is no charge for this follow up help!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ref.- Control Board- Will this board have to be programed after it is installed?

Yes, it will require programming but it comes with instructions. If you would like, I can post those for you now, too.