Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

(Appliance Doc Only) Hey, Appliance Doc, I was searching youtube

(Appliance Doc Only) Hey, Appliance Doc, I was searching youtube last night about leaks on Fisher Paykel washer GWL15. You showed up answering a question about a probable pump leak. I have 3 questions for you. Besides the obvious, like hot and cold supply hoses, if it's draining properly: (1) Where else would you look for leaks on this unit; How do you get into a FP cabinet; and, (3) you told the person that a pump leak can blow the circuit board. How would you know that? It just goes dead?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

1. So to look for leaks, you'd really just need to remove the top panel and watch or set the washer up on wooden blocks and start a cycle to see where it's leaking from by looking with a flashlight. Other common leaking areas would be from the fill spout above the tub toward the back, or the main bearing directly in the middle of the tub at the bottom where the motor is mounted.

2. To get into the cabinet, you'd need to either tip the washer backwards to access from the bottom, or if you want to access from the top, open the lid. There are 2 plastic/rubber caps in the front left and right corner. Use a knife and pry these caps out to expose 2 philips screws. Remove these 2 screws and the top panel will hinge up and backwards.

3. So if your control board is shorted from a leaking pump, the entire washer will be 100% dead with no signs of life at all.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know you don't require it, but I usually tip you. Today I'm low on cash, but I'll keep track of all the tips until my account is back up. I won't forget.

Please don't be bothered with tipping me. I'm more than happy to work with a good rating knowing that you appreciate my help.