Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer that quit running. it

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer that quit running. it is model number lffu14f5hwl. I noticed that the panel on the front that controls the temp doesnt work correctly. can this cause the compressor and fan not to work? the light works correctly and the panel lights up but the number look funny and the up arrow doest work, just the down arrow. we had the electricity go off and on quickly yesterday so kinda thinks that had something to do with it
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Can you tell me is the display showing letters or numbers that you can recognize or is it showing gibberish?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is showing the numbersl but not completely showing them. part of the number is XXXXX on all but the number 6, it shows up completly

You can try unplugging it for 10 minutes to see if it will reset, if it does not then that control is bad. Everything that makes that control work and the freezer come on is all right there on that one part.

If you get a putty knife you can slip it under the edges and unlock the tabs that hold it on, be sure the freezer is unplugged. Connect the wires to your new part and push it into the slot. Turn it on. I have linked the part below for you, included is a year warranty and a no questions asked return policy.

That will take care of it, if you have any questions please ask. If not then please leave a rating for me.