Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

crosley side by side fridge/freezer model cs20x3 - set on warmest

crosley side by side fridge/freezer model cs20x3 - set on warmest setting in both fridg & freezer still freezes veg in the fridge and very cold in freezer
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Did this just start happening recently?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes - approx 2 weeks ago

Thank you. You need to replace the temperature control for the fresh food side. The control has become weak and thinks the fresh food is warmer than it actually is, this in turn causes the freezer to become colder because that is where the cold coils are that the fan circulates the air through. So the whole thing gets colder.

Be sure before you remove that panel and access the part that the power is off to the refrigerator. There is always power present at that temperature control unless the refrigerator is unplugged. I have linked the part below for you. THere is a year warranty on the part and a no questions asked return policy.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Control-Thermostat/696946/687305?RCAID=1000064

If you have questions please ask. If not then please leave a rating for me.

Thanks,
Barry