Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Good afternoon, I have a LFC 20786ST /00 Refrigerator and

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I have a LFC 20786ST /00 Refrigerator and I would like to replace the bottom freezer front panel (it's the Stainless Steel panel of the freezer drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator) but I can't find the part number or a supplier. Can you help me? I live in Montreal

Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.

DTech80 : Hello, I'm David. I'll be helping you solve your problem. That model number isn't coming up in the system. Can you double check it? In any case you can contact Encompass Parts at encompassparts.com, they are the authorized LG parts supplier. Or you can call them at 1-866-779-7906.
Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model number is XXXXX please refer to this link. As I wrote it before, I wasn't able to find technical information about it on LG site. I also checked on RepairClinic site and I didn't succeed.

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support-product/lg-LFC20786ST

Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.
That number doesn't come up anywhere, that's unusual. I'd suggest contacting Encompass Parts, they are LGs main parts distributor. Encompassparts.com or 1-866-779-7906

Sometimes lg will also list product code. Do you see anything like that, usually a five digit number?
Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.
On the other French door models the freezer door only comes as one piece, not separate pieces. It's likely that its the same with your model. For comparison the freezer door for LFC20760ST retails for $264, Part Number 3581JJ8720P.
Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.
I see you rated my answer poor service. I did give you a parts supplier, which is what you asked for. Unfortunately lg has chosen not to list this model on their tech site, that's beyond my control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you gave me a supplier that may or may not have the part, but I still don't know what part to order. I am exactly in the same position I was before contacting justanswer.com.

Expert:  DTech80 replied 1 year ago.
I understand your frustration but I haven't given you poor service, you're asking a question that cannot be answered by anyone except LG.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The number for the Canadian LG parts department is(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will not release the part number, claiming it is proprietary (so you buy it from them, especially since they have to research it) and will only help with ordering it directly from them. They will be able to get you that door.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized LG service tech and I can help you today.

Despite the info you have been given above, this door can be ordered through your local appliance parts distributor. And yes, there is a part number for it.

You actually have two options.

First being the door assembly. Which for your model will come with the door gasket and the door itself. This is part number 3581JJ8720P. And should about $270.

Then there is just the door foam itself. And is the outer door and the stainless steel finish or cover. It comes as one piece on your ref. This part number is XXXXX And should cost $250.

The only difference between the two part numbers and assemblies is that the first comes with the door gasket and the second doesn't. So if all you need is the door then I would just go with the second part. And save yourself $20. You'll need it for shipping.

Now like I said above, you can order this from your local appliance parts distributor, assuming they carry and stock parts for LG. Or like the above experts told you to go directly to LG. Please also note that if going directly to LG, be prepared to pay about 30-40% more then you should.

Since all the parts will be coming directly from the manufacture, and you will not be getting it any quicker ordering from one place or another, why not get it from the parts distributors at there discounted price? They will usually sell it cheaper due to the fact that they sell way more then anyone else.

Below is a link to a website and to the part info for just the door. You can order it directly through them as well. And yes, they have warehouses in Canada so I am sure one will be close to you. Just click on the web address below and copy and paste it to your browser to open and view the part info. Then just order though them to make the process a whole lot quicker and easier.

http://applianceassociatesli.partsquik.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2770439

If you have any questions or concerns please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more.

Thanks.

Oh!, sorry. here is a link to the exploded view diagrams of your ref. More specifically the freezer and freezer door. There you will see the two part numbers for the two parts I explain above. ANd you can match the part numbers to the diagrams to verify it is the right part. Again just copy and paste the link or web address below to your browser to open and view the diagrams.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/LG-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-LFC20760ST/3204/0161000/K0810231/00004?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to positively rate my performance below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after positively rating me please feel free to come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.