Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Hi Jon Our Bosch Max Classic Front Loader is going through

Hi Jon
Our Bosch Max Classic Front Loader is going through it's cycle and just when it gets to the end it starts all over again and completes a second cycle, then it will end. Any idea what the problem could be?
Thanks John

Jon : Hello
Jon : Usually it's the timer /control board but let me look up your model and get back to you.
Jon : I have to run out for a few hours. I'll get your part info when I return.
Jon : Does your washer completely drain the water out of the first cycle? If not, that could be the problem too. If the washer senses th cloths are still wet it could go through another cycle. Especially the drain and spin cycle if the clothes are wetter then normal at the end of the first drain and spin cycle.
Jon : have you checked the drain filter in front? If to, check the filter. And if you find a lot of lint and change and debris clean it out and try it again. If the washer runs as Norma you should be good.
Jon : if the washer is still going through a full complete second cycle after checking all of the above replace the main control board.
Jon : Yu can find parts at or at your local appliance parts store nearest you. And you could always call up Bosch and speak with their parts department. They usually will charge the most though so keep that in mind.
Jon : please get back to me here if you need more help or have more questions and I will help you more.
Jon : thanks.

thanks will try cleaning drain filter now, not a lot of

not a lot of debris but trying cycle now, thanks

Is there a factory reset for these? They want NZ$771 for a new control board.

Still doing 2 cycles, not spinning on the first cycle when I watched... and coming up 000 in timer for last cycle.

Jon : Is the washer draining? And when it is done with a drain cycle is there any water left inThe tub?
Jon : that would be very important to know here. I there is water left over in the tub after a drain cycle then the sensors will sense the tub has water in it still and may try to run another cycle until it gets all the water out. So if there is still water inside then I would say definitely check the drain pump and even remove the drain hose from where ever it is draining in back of the machine and let it drain into a large pale or slop sink if you can. Tis way you can check the way the water is draining out of the machine. If the force is poor and or the flow of water is barely coming out and there is water left over in the machine then replace the drain pump.
Jon : If the flow of water doing out of the washer is good and drain pump filter is clear then yes, unfortunately you will have to replace the main control board.
Jon : but if the oars is too expensive and you would rather not spend that kind of money on the computer then I would suggest getting another washer. Usually the whirlpool brand is good and ou can get a similar washer for about $1000
Jon : get back to me here if you have any other questions and I will help you more. And if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions please get back to me here again and I will help you for no additional charge.
Jon : Thanks again.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX all the above and let you know how I get on... thanks again

You are very welcome for the help. The positive rating is greatly appreciated.

Please get back to me here if you need any other help or have any other questions and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.