Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag mbf22558webo bottom freezer that does not defrost

I have a maytag mbf22558webo bottom freezer that does not defrost and causes my frig to be warm. The frig is only 4 yrs old. I have had a tech come out 3 times and the issue is not fix. They have replaced the control, bimetal and some rubber thing? Can you shed some light on this?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately it sounds like you have a common issue that many of these bottom mount freezers from Maytag have had to have repaired. Once Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006, they re-designed the defrost system on this unit because they found that it failed more than they liked and would become inefficent over time and not defrost properly. Either way, below is a link to the defrost kit you'd need to order and replace which comes with a defrost thermostat, some insulation, new fan blade, and the display control is mounted to the ceiling in the refrigerator which controls the defrost. The kit comes with instructions so you know how to install it. In the mean time, thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and the unit will work for a week or two while you wait for the part.

CLICK HERE for kit

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.