Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We just bought the DW7933 a few months ago. The power button

We just bought the DW7933 a few months ago. The power button will not turn the dishwashwer power on!!! The latch appears to be working properly. The circuit breaker in the house is fine. What can we do???
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the unit is only a few months old, I would recommend calling warranty once you confirm that the dishwasher is definitely getting 120 volts from your house because you have a shorted control board or touchpad if it won't turn the dishwasher on. Even if child lock was on, you'd have a bright red light on the control panel indicating child lock mode was activated.

To make sure the dishwasher is getting power, you'll need a multimeter. Remove the kick panel below the door and there is a small box behind this panel where the power cord connects to the wires on your dishwasher. Test power between black and white and you should have 120 volts. If so, then call warranty because something failed and that really isn't something you should have to pay for or worry about being such a new unit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Who do you call for warranty? Will they send someone out or do we have to pay for pick up, removal of dishwasher and reinstallation? I will try the power across the 120 AC, will need to borrow a voltohmeter from my neighbor or buy one tomorrow. Is there anything else it could be? For example, exactly how do we test the latch?

Samsung will send someone out at no charge to your house to fix the issue. You should be able to call sears to have them come out and repair the unit. There is no real point in testing the latch because all it can do is void your warranty and you wouldn't want to buy a new latch even if it was bad.