Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

I have been looking on a couple of forums about this issue,

Customer Question

I have been looking on a couple of forums about this issue, but have not actually asked yet. My Kenmore 800 washer, on all cycles except handwash, will immediately start agitating. Then it will start to fill with water and cycle normally. At the end of the spin cycle it will refill the tub with about an inch or two of water.
Model number: 110.29822800
Serial Number : CY2044485
Type :111-05.
I have found that this is a fairly common problem most associated with either the timer of the auto load sensing switch. Could I please get some guidance?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!

Appl-Tech :

I have run across this number of times, with exactly the same symptoms you are describing.

Appl-Tech :

You need to replace the water level control switch on the console

Appl-Tech :

Full Size Image

Customer :

That looks like part number W10177795. Is this correct?.

Appl-Tech :

no click
click on the link i gave you above

Appl-Tech :

for purchase

Customer :

oops! i didnt see the link

Customer :

I got it, I was looking at an old diagram. The link you sent me is a manufacturer replacement part. If this does not fix the issue, what would be my next step? Timer?

Appl-Tech :

The switch is call the load control switch and it integrated in controlling the amount of water based on the amount of clothes you put in the machine.

Appl-Tech :

It will fix it

Appl-Tech :

One more piece of nonsense required by the government for saving 3 gallons of water :(

Customer :

seriously!

Appl-Tech :

yep

Appl-Tech :

Other times on that control you will not even get water

Appl-Tech :

Did you have any other questions?

Customer :

on the part description from the link, it says it is the Automatic temperature control sensing switch. I have an appliance part store here in town, and I just want to double check before I go there on monday. They usually do not allow returns.

Appl-Tech :

I understand what you are saying, the part description is misleading. It does much more than just control the temp. You see all those connections on the back. You would not need that many connections for just a temp control. You also see the water level sense tube connects to it.

Appl-Tech :

If you are concerned about it possibly not fixing your problem, order the part from the link I gave you. Repair Clinic will allow returns for 365day regardless of whether you install it or not. That is a very liberal return policy that even I don;t offer to my customers.

Appl-Tech :

It may take a couple of days to get the part depending on where you live, but it would be a comfort to know you can return it if you needed to.

Customer :

Thank you. I may just do that.

Appl-Tech :

You're welcome.
If you have no other questions, may I ask you rate my help as positive for JA tonight?
You can still come back any time for any followup questions if you need to after rating my help.
Thanks for the opportunity to help you out tonight.

Customer :

Will do. Thank you very much.

Appl-Tech :

U2

Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience: Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi Matt,

Something happened to the chat. You can rate my help in this format thanks again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I just had another question about the issue I was having with my washer. I have not put on the new sensor switch yet because I wanted to make certain that there is not a timer issue. I don't know for sure, but it seems like its off by a cycle. It will spin the load at the end, and then fill back up a little with water. If I set it to the "second rinse" cycle this does not happen. Is this something that could be fixed by the sensor switch?

Thanks,

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Matt
If you are concerned about whether replacing the sensor will solve your problem, I would advise you to purchase the part from here. They offer a 365day money back return policy even for electrical parts. This is a very liberal return policy that I have not seen ,but on a couple of websites and certainly not from any local store you will deal with
click here for purchase
That way you will have the peace of mind to know you can get your money back if for a unlikely event that the sensor is not the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just have a new issue. Tonight when I got home from work, my wife was washing a load. I noticed that the tub was still at full capacity and currently will not drain at all. I also smelled the wonderful smell of electric smoke, but I can't localize which part it's coming from.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt,
Sorry to hear about the new problem and I will be happy to try to help you out. JA will consider this a new question. If that is Ok , we can continue. It sounds like you may have an issue with motor, but you will have to get the cabinet off to check that out. Do you want to start to take the machine apart? I can link a video that will show you how to take it apart, if you like. Is the washer making any kind of sound when you try to start it into the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think I'm ready for that this time of night! There was no visible smoke, and the smell wasn't very strong. I had the control panel open while the load was running and notices that the wires leading to the water level switch felt warm... I think the circuit may have cooked itself. We'll see what happens... If it looks like more than a couple of switches I'll probably just get a new machine. It wouldn't be worth the repair bill.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes that control burns up inside. You could just remove it and give it a smell.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, thanks. I think that's what happened. I was able to get the tub to drain after I hooked everything back up. The load spun without refilling, now no water will fill at all. I guess the switch just fried. New one is on the way.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Great!
Good luck with your repair
You do not have to respond to this message.
Thanks again for your rating, I really appreciate it!