Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hi Chase: I have a problem with the spin cycle in my Whirlpool

Hi Chase: I have a problem with the spin cycle in my Whirlpool WFW9150WW01 Model. The cycle is stoppping when it is up to the spinning. I followed a question that was give to you and followed the steps to get diagnostic code. The blinks go in a series of 7 blinks then followed by one. I double checked the number of blinks. It is 7 than 1. We are a family of 6 so I an hoping to get some help as to get the machine back in working order. Do you have any suggestions on what the problem might be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Give me 5 minutes to pull up the wiring diagram for the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, thanks

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Did the machine when it started the problem, did the door unlock on its own after about 3 minutes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I left machine unplugged and when I returned and plugged machine back in the door was opened.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Diane,
This can be major or minor the error you have. Do you own a multi meter and know how to use it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what a multi meter is. While I have been logged on I ran the machine without anything in it and the cycle ran fine. It is up to the spin cycle now and it seems to be working. Could of it been just the weight of the items?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The problem if it returns is going to be a failing motor, I wanted to test it to see if it was getting weak. However it may never come back with this error again, let's pray it don't, it is not a cheap repair...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech