Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE PT960 double wall oven that I am in the process

I have a GE PT960 double wall oven that I am in the process of designing an enclosure so that it will look built in. However, I am concerned about providing sufficient ventilation. Can you tell me the ventilation requirements?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a wall oven so it's already meant to be built in. That being said, below is a picture of all the minimum requirements needed for the cut out and cabinet to function properly for correct ventillation.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The diagram you sent me will result in the oven being enclosed as intended. It might be inferred that the entire upper area is open to support ventilation, However, many oven enclosures I have seen in photos have a cabinet over the ovens. that would mean that the floor of the cabinet would block hot air, Would that be a problem?

That is not a problem at all. As an approximation, the oven will sit on the floor and there can be a cabinet panel sitting directly on the top of the oven as well. What you need is about 1 inch of gap on the back and sides of the oven to insulate the oven properly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No more questions at tis time, rated excellent.

Awesome, thank you very much. If you need anything else--just let me know.