Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My Ge model gfsf6pkbaww make a whooing sound. Could it be coming

My Ge model gfsf6pkbaww make a whooing sound. Could it be coming from the ice maker and if so why.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Are you able to tell in what area the sound may be coming from..(Back Front..Freezer side.Fridge side..) Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds from the freezer side in the back. The sound is not continues but comes on and off during theday night.

Ok perfect..That sound coming from the freezer is the evaporator fan motor..On the Ge unit the fan will run in different speeds..What you are hearing is the fan motor running from low to high..If it is getting louder then this means the fan motor is failing..This unit has two fans mounted behind the freezer wall..You would need to remove the back INSIDE wall to access the fan motors..