Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I transported an Amana fridge to my cabin. It was in the back

I transported an Amana fridge to my cabin. It was in the back of my truck and when off loading it, it had a blue fluid inside the fridge. It has no smell and the consistency of water. Should I be concerned, or do I need to have a service call scheduled?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today

So I'm not sure why you'd see blue liquid because even if you got a refrigerant leak, the refrigerant oil is yellow. Either way. If you transported the refrigerator laying down, give the unit 24 hours before you plug it in and then try and make sure it's still cooling properly. If not the. You likely have a freon leak or restriction. If it cools down the. There is nothing to worry about.