Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 3t washer. I selected PAUSE/CANCEL

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 3t washer. I selected PAUSE/CANCEL to add a garment, possibly after the 8 minute period. I am not able to start the machine again despite closing the door and holding the START button. Help???
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the add garment light stuck on on the control panel? And are you able to change the cycles or settings anymore at this point?

Also, do you have the full model number which will start with 110 . XXXXXXXXXX and be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

45976404 is the model number. Yes, the add garment light is stuck on the control panel. I can still change cycles and settings but they won't work....the minutes do indicate the number of minutes but the machine won't let me 'start' it

OK so for some reason the washer is just not recognizing that you are shutting the door. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If not, then your door latch assembly has just failed and would need to be replaced. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not able to move my machine on my own, however, my husband will be home shortly. I will have him move the machine then unplug for 5 min and hopefully, the unit will reset.....I may need to ask more so I'll be back and will rate you assistance at that time......thanks

Alright well I do wish you the best