Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore elite French door fridge. The water filter

I have a kenmore elite French door fridge. The water filter light is not lit. Normally it's green, yellow or red. I have a brand new filter in it.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So first, I just want to say that the light itself is not all that important as long as you keep track of replacing the filter every 6 months. If your unit is less than a year old, just call warranty and they will replace the interface board with the light to fix the problem. Otherwise the light bulb or the control board has failed and it's all one part so it doesn't matter which part failed. It would need to be replaced to fix the issue (the entire board). But again, it's just a reminder and has no fuction on anything else, so if it's over a year old and you didn't want to pay +$100 to get the light to work again, you can definitely just forget about it.