Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a KitchAid side by side referidgerator, it is about

We have a KitchAid side by side referidgerator, it is about six years old. The ice maker is not working, it blinks twice then pauses over and over again, even when i push the lever to make it think that the refridgerator is closed. I have just finished taking out the ice maker, and i find that nothing appears to be broken, i even unscrewed the panel to the motor of the ice maker. What should I do to fix this?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model number?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I don't know where I can find it at. Where is it located?

it will either be on the side wall in the refrigerator section or the ceiling in the refrigerator section. if you don't see it there try behind the grill along the front under the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay perfect, when you open the freezer door theres a light on the right side that's blinking, when you push the flap in on the other side (without covering the hole) what does that light do then ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It continued blinking.

okay that's why the ice maker stopped running. that's the ice level control, the older units had an arm on the ice maker itself that's what shut the ice maker off when it full, the red light does that now. you need to order and replace the emitter receiver. heres a link to order that . its easy to replace, just remove the screws holding it in on each side and they just plug in. its comes with instructions. thanks and best wishes, Bryan