Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Model: mdb8959aws5 clean light blinks in series of 7 then pause

Model: mdb8959aws5 clean light blinks in series of 7 then pause and repeat.
Put dishwasher into diagnostic mode by using "normal/heated dry cycle method." After pushing CANCEL to clear code, and unplugging then repeating above steps, problem remains. Do you have a tech data sheet that will tell me what that particular sequence indicates?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this error code is probably one of the most common problems this dishwasher gets. The exact definition of this error means that your dishwasher is failing to heat the water in an allotted time. The error can be caused by numerous issues but the first thing you want to do is reset the control board.

-To reset the control board press: high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash

-All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.
-If the control board doesn't reset, it's likely that you've just got a faulty control board and the control board will need to be ordered and replaced.

Now if the error comes back on the next cycle, then you'll want to reset the board again and check several things. The most common reasons for this error is because the water coming from your household is just too cold. The dishwasher is expecting 110 degree water to enter your dishwasher, so if your pipes are cold, the water may only come in luke warm. To correct this issue, just run your faucet next to the dishwasher until the water coming out is hot. On another note, make sure the dishwasher is washing with good water pressure. You can put a cup in the upper rack facing upwards and run a cycle to see if it will fill within 10 minutes of starting the cycle. If it doesn't fill with water then you know that the dishwasher isn't producing enough pressure which, in turn, will cause the water to not heat. You'd want to take your pump and motor assembly apart to clean inside if you had a loss of pressure.

The second most common issue is that the door striker at the top of the door way start to bend "up" and won't contact the latch inside the door quite correctly. Just physically bend the latch striker down so that when you shut the door it barely slides over the top of the inner door liner and that will fix that problem if that is your issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just told you I had been through the process offered in your "expert" answer. Google is free and I'm not a noob in the maintenance world. I asked for a tech data sheet. Do you have one? I can't order the right part if I don't know what SPECIFICALLY is malfunctioning.

So I'm not sure what the tech sheet is going to tell you that I haven't just told you, but below is a link to the tech sheet for this model dishwasher which I have uploaded for you. I thought I just walked you through everything to test one by one so if you have any questions about a particular test just ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The link doesn't work. So, please provide me with a list of error codes & the SPECIFIC part number related to the issue. I need to order a part and I don't know if it's the control panel, the ribbon, etc. It could just need to be cleaned! That is what I need. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, I need a list of ALL error codes, and the related part(s) necessary to fix it.

So that is the ONLY error code for this dishwasher. This dishwasher no no more error codes. I'm not sure why that link doesn't work because it works for me. Below is a screenshot of the page with the problems and I have circled the area that talks about the 7 flashes in red.

Now as for part number here is a list of the part number you need.

Control board: W10285179
Heating element: W10082892
Thermostat cut out (Mounted below tub and if you follow one of the heater wires you can see it.) 661566
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I am not sure what was unclear about my request but I at least have what I need now with one exception. I will need to reference this information in the near future and have no way of saying it. Please email the info you just provided as an attachment to the email address provided earlier. Thank you again for sticking with me, it is probably as frustrating to you as it is to me.

It's alright. Unfortunately I am not allowed to contact you by E-mail, only the system can contact you. That being said, once you rate me, there is an E-mail sent out with a link to come back so you can view this conversation any time you like or ask follow-up questions in the future if you need any.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to be absolutely sure I am NOT signed up for a subscription. I have only clicked the X in the upper left corner when the ad popped up. All I need is a guarantee of ONE SINGLE charge to to my card then I can rate the service and let you move on. Thank you again

So yes, you are only paying for this single question. You are not signed up for a re-occuring subscription.