Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 1992 Sharp Convection Microwave oven, model R9H83. went

I have a 1992 Sharp Convection Microwave oven, model R9H83.
went to heat something, set the time, pressed start,poof it went completely black dead. Breaker and outlet are working just fine. Is there a reset somewhere that I cant see? any suggestions besides go get a new one.If you think it's a goner, any suggestions on what is out there now of days that you like? Would be looking for something comparable to this model

Thank You
Jim S. [email protected]
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is not a reset to fix this problem I'm afraid. That being said, there is a fuse that blows when the microwave doesn't think the door is shut. There are 3 door switches and if the monitor switch doesn't give a good reading, the fuse blows as soon as you press start. Now if you go the link below, you can see part 1-2 comes with both the fuse and the monitor switch. You need to order this part and replace it to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for diagram of microwave to order fuse/switch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!