Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello - My name isXXXXX and I am a builder in Southlake,

Hello - My name isXXXXX and I am a builder in Southlake, Texas. Our customer just moved in and the dishwasher "plug" into the disposal was not removed, so obviously the dishwasher could not drain. We removed the plug and now the dishwasher is running constantly. We had to unplug it. An installer came out and told us the "aqua-stop" must be reset and he didn't know how to do it. Unfortunately the homeowner can't find the manual (just moved in yesterday). Can you help me with the steps to fix our problem?

Model SHX7ER55UC (The 55 could be a 35) - I can't read my own writing.

Thank you,

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged like in your case. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will certainly do that. Sounds like a plan. The only question is what about "re-setting" something on the Bosch dishwasher "computer"? Is that not necessary?

That is not necessary. Once you think the problem is fixed, just add enough hot water to the floor of the tub to cover the floor then shut the door and let it finish the cycle. If it doesn't drain the water out right away, then the problem is fixed.