Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Model MTB 2191ARQ frig is not cooling enough. Is at

Maytag Model MTB 2191ARQ frig is not cooling enough. Is at 50 degrees. Freezer is fine. Fan in freezer broke but has been fixed and replaced. Sounds good. Another repair man suggested letting it defrost totally for 24 hours. Have done that and it is down to the 50 degrees after running all night & morning.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if everything thawed out for 24 hours, you definitely don't have a defrost issue. That means that either your evaporator fan motor which you just replaced inside the freezer was either the incorrect fan/mounted inproperly, came bad and isn't blowing air into the refrigerator because there is no damper that opens and closes between the refrigerator and freezer like other more expensive models. The fan motor you needed is 63001057. You'll want to make sure you got that part or it could be blowing in reverse causing this problem. The other possibility is that the fan blade was put on backwards which prevents the air from blowing as efficiently as it needs as well. But botXXXXX XXXXXne is the problem has something to do with that fan motor.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This sounds like the right answer since we put it together. I broke the fan blade trying to get it here. Where do I go to replace it?

So the part number is XXXXX for the blade. If you have a local Sears parts and service center you can order the part there. If not, then you'll need to order it on-line and below is a link to the fan blade.

CLICK HERE