Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool washer (duet). the contol locked light

I have a whirlpool washer (duet). the contol locked light came on and it won't work.
How do I get the control locked feature off
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Whirlpool makes their control lock very confusing. Often times, people will look on the control panel and the control lock light will go on and they can not figure out how to unlock the control panel. They will try pressing and holding the cancel button and unplugging the unit to reset it. None of these options work. All you need to do is press and hold the end of cycle button for 3 seconds and the control panel will unlock. If that doesn't unlock your controls, then unfortunately your interface control board is just shorted and will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou....You would think that simply troubleshooter would be in the instruction book. It worked. Thanks again

No problem and I'm glad I could help. I would agree that this sort of thing should be in the troubleshooting section in the instruction book but I couldn't explain why it's not there.