Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE DSS25MSSE Main door temp LEDs out compressor not running

GE DSS25MSSE Main door temp LEDs out compressor not running but a
clicking can be heard. Occasionally the refrigerator will run fine LEDs on
controls work. Then will stop.

Also have the non dispense ice problem. when panel light bright ice dispenser
works, when light dim only water works. Problems are independent. Seems
to be bad ground in door?

debalko at aol
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain the clickign please? Is it one click every minute or two? Or is is a rapic click every second or so?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clicking more like once a second....

does not sound "clackity" like a

relay (more muted)

OK so this actually is a very common problem for your unit. It means that your power relay on the main control board is starting to fail. The boards have been re-designed a couple of times for this refrigerator, but you'll need to order and replace the entire main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal plan in order to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the metal cover on the back side of the

ref on the freezer side above the vents?

The humming seems to sound like the

compressor is getting a burst of energy

and then stops every second.

Will this board also fix the ice dispenser?

That is correct. The access panel is behind the freezer above the vents. This board should fix all the issues including the burst of energy and the display but you won't know 100% for sure until you replace the board if the ice dispenser works---but this board controls everything so it will likely fix all problems because this board usually start failing by preventing the dispenser from working and then gets worse and stops sending power to the compressor and the unit warms up.