Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

Model # XXXXX Freezer leaks water into FF section when

Model # XXXXX
Freezer leaks water into FF section when defrosting. Drain line is not plugged. Dripping through vent.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Remove the 4 screws holding the control panel up in the fridge section. Disconnect the ire harness, and take out. Get some 100% silicone and liberally put a bead around the foam part that covers the vent hole. Carefully put back into place, and re secure with screws. That should stop the problem. If this information has assisted you, please give me a great to good rating.....Thank you

Also, make sure there ice no ice in the vent between the fridge and freezer section while you have that apart as well.....Thanks again
If you do not want to do the silicone fix, which I have done many times, you could order a new control housing. But it is much cheaper to do the silicone instead. Please let me know if I can further assist you on this question. I will know that I have answered you question when I see a good to great rating....Thanks again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi jason i am a tech and my customers have lots of these units will i be able to remove housing after i silicone it for future repairs?

Yes, but plumbers putty or peragum works all the same if you rather use that....thanks again